This arrticle should really be titled Brookes' Quarry.
This location is now mainly under the Tanygrisiau reservoir. Nothing remains, but the location can be seen, in the distance, from the railway.
The quarry was originally worked by the Syenite Sett Co, but was later reopened (about 1919) by Brookes Ltd. A new junction was installed in the FR main line and quantities of granite were consigned to Blaenau (LNWR) yard where a special tipping ramp was installed. The traffic was carried in converted slate wagons (see Granite Waggons) and also in military-surplus Bogie Waggons.