|Previous Location||Bryn Gloch|
|Bridge||Pont Tros y Gol,|
|Next Station||Plas y Nant|
The bridge at Cae Hywel is the second of the three humpback bridges across Afon Gwyrfai which seem to have been acquired secondhand by the NWNGR about 1875. It has a span of 50ft. It is also known as Pont Tros y Gol, which means 'on account of an embrace' and refers to the sad story of a young man who deserted his sweetheart to marry the farmer's daughter for the land. There is a 16th century Welsh saying nid câr da ond acer o dir (lit. not a good friend/kinsman, but an acre of land) meaning nothing is an important as an acre of land.