This is the station name, used by the original WHR, for the station now known as Rhyd Ddu, which is the name of the adjacent hamlet. It was called South Snowdon from c1893 - c1900, and again from 1923 to closure in 1937.
It is not to be confused with the South Snowdon of the Portmadoc, Beddgelert and South Snowdon Railway which was about half way up the Gwynant Valley
There is sometime confusion over the names of locations in the area. Please see this comment about name changes.