|FR Co. Exec||Official Photographer (2003-)|
|FR Soc. Director||1991 - 2003|
|FR Soc. Post||past Editor FRM 1990-2003|
Peter Johnson, currently the Ffestiniog Railway's official photographer, has written (or co-written) many books about the Ffestiniog Railway. He has also written regular columns in "Railway World" and "Steam Railway"
He was a director of the Ffestiniog Railway Society from 1991 to 2003 and editor (originally jointly with Norman Gurley and Dan Wilson} of the Society Magazine from 1974 to 2003.
His publications on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways include:
- Festiniog Railway Gravity Trains (1986) (Heritage Group book edited by P.J.)
- Festiniog 150th Anniversary (1987)
- Festiniog Railway Locomotives (1988) (with Weaver, Ingham & Rees)
- Portrait of the Festiniog (1992)
- Festiniog in Colour (1995) (with M.Whitehouse)
- Festiniog railway - A View from the Past (1997)
- Johnson, Peter (2007). An Illustrated History of the Festiniog Railway. Hersham: Oxford Publishing Co. ISBN 0-860936-03-1. OCLC 180463433.
- Johnson, Peter. An Illustrated History of the Welsh Highland Railway. Hersham: Oxford Publishing Co. ISBN 0-860935-65-5. OCLC 59498388.
- Johnson, Peter. Immortal Rails (Vol 1) The Story of the Closure and Revival of the FR 1939-1983. Chester, England, CH4 9ZH: RailRomances. ISBN 1-900622-08-4. OCLC 56654167.
- Johnson, Peter (2005). Immortal Rails (Vol 2) The Story of the Closure and Revival of the FR 1939-1983. Chester, England, CH4 9ZH: RailRomances. ISBN 1-900622-09-2. OCLC 59356573.
- Johnson, Peter (2007). Portrait of the Welsh Highland Railway. Shepperton, England: Ian Allan. ISBN 0-7110-2658-0. OCLC 41018741.
An expanded list appears on his own site