S And T Department
The S&T Department was established in 1956 under the voluntary direction of Norman Pearce. In the spring of 1984 there was a change of functions and title to become the Signalling & Telecommunications Department with Bob MacGregor as S&T Engineer and Norman Pearce as S&T Engineer (Telecommunications). In 1989 there was a reshuffle in which Bob MacGregor became Workshops Manager with S&T joined to Electrical as a Section under the Workshops Manager with Alan Skellern as Section Supervisor. Most Electrical functions (other than on-train and battery operated supplies etc.) were transferred to Buildings, Parks & Gardens in 1995. The department's carriage electrics functions were transferred to the carriage works.
Source FR Chronology
In 2010 the department became the S & T Section of the Infrastructure Department, as part of a management restructure of the railways external engineering functions.