Henry Ellis Jones
Henry Ellis Jones was born in 1881 and spent his early years living (until at least 1911) at Boston Lodge. First employed from 7/4/1895 (M.Seymour reference on photograph) by 1896 he was in the weigh office, by the 1901 census he was a booking clerk, and then by July 1901, a Signalman.
He was Station Master at Dduallt c1904, then Penrhyn(from 1905) and finally Portmadoc (certainly from November 1909). He was responsible for both the old and new stations at Porthmadog when the WHR started in 1923. From 1929 he had to supervise Porthmadog, Minffordd and Penrhyn stations. He was still employed (not known in what capacity) when the railway finally closed in August 1946.