This month's featured picture
Mountaineer is a 2-6-2 side tank locomotive used on the Ffestiniog Railway. It was originally built in 1916 for the War Department and later saw use in France before being bought privately for preservation in the UK. The locomotive arrived on the FR in 1967 and quickly became an important member of the fleet. Much rebuilt to improve its usefulness, it saw regular use on both the FR and WHR until 2006 when it was withdrawn needing an overhaul. Since then it has been stored under cover awaiting the time and resources required for the rebuild.
It is seen here during June 2019 when it was part of a display of War Department equipment at Harbour Station during the Welsh Highland Railway: Past, Present and Future event.
Photo credit: James Hoyle.
Rules for Contributions
The rules for contributions are simple:
- Do not post copyright material unless you have permission from the copyright owner
- Do not post personal details of living individuals (address, telephone number, email address, etc.) unless you have their permission to do so
- Keep on topic - you can put anything you want on your user pages but articles should be about the Ffestiniog Railway or related subjects
- Be courteous
- Do not delete anything unless it needs to be deleted
- Where possible please record the sources of your information
- Please record a comment on the change you have made in the box at the bottom of the page
- No obscene language
- Abusive or libellous postings are banned
If you want to notify us of a possible copyright infringement, please use the Contact Us option in the box in the top left of the page.
We have voluntary editors that look after Festipedia. They can be contacted via email or by using their User pages. Response may not be immediate, but they will reply, as long as you leave a contact point!!