James Cleminson

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search

James Cleminson was Engineer to the NWNGR from 1878 until 1st January 1884 when Robert Henry Livesey took on that role in addition to his other duties.

During this period he introduced three carriages and one coal wagon, maybe more than one, which used his patent six-wheeled flexible wheelbase system under which a long six-wheeled vehicle keeps all its wheels tangential to the track when on circular curves. This system was also used on the Festiniog (one wagon only) and more extensively on the Manx Northern Railway, West Donegal and Southwold railways.

See also[edit]