John Williams (1863)

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search

John Williams was born 1863 in Amlwch, Anglesey. He started working for the Festiniog Railway Company at Boston Lodge in March 1888. In October 1890 he is recorded as being a Smith In 1901 he was living at 10, Madoc Street and calling himself a Railway Engine Smith. In 1912 he is recorded as being the Foreman for the foundry.

By 1911 he had moved to Epworth Villas, Church Street. He had married Mary in 1898 and they had one daughter, Bessie, born 1900.

He is last recorded as working for the FR in April 1927.

Census Entry for 1901[edit]

An entry has been found for this person at 10 Madoc Street, Portmadoc
where the year of birth is recorded as: 1863 in Amlwch, Anglesey
The occupation given is: Railway Engine Smith
It is believed, married to Mary in 1898


Census Entry for 1911[edit]

An entry has been found for this person at Epworth Villas, Church St, Portmadoc
where the year of birth is recorded as: 1863 in Amlwch, Anglesey
The occupation given is: Railway Engine Smith
It is believed, married to Mary in 1898


Photo[edit]

John Williams (1863) is possibly the person in the photo known as Boyd26H. (click here to see) This photo is labelled "A Group taken in the Works Yard before the First War". It is believed to be around 1913. It is not all staff from the yard at that time. There was a list attached to the original which declares who the people are. This person is believed to be in the third row from the back and the fifth person from the left handside.