Template:Featured picture/March 2020
Carriage 26 is an ex-NWNGR Summer Carriage now operating on the FR. Rebodied in 1986, it bears little resemblance to its original appearance.
Built in 1894 by the Ashbury Carriage and Iron Company, Manchester. This coach was built for the North Wales Narrow Gauge Railways as a "Summer Coach" and numbered 11. It had half height doors and dimensions were Length: 29'11" Width: 6' Height:7'5". In 1922 the NWNGR became part of the Welsh Highland Railway and the carriage was numbered 26 in the combined F&WHR series. This coach, with others, was cut down in height to facilitate through working the FR's old Moelwyn Tunnel to Blaenau Ffestiniog.
The picture shows sections of the roof in Minffordd Yard in July 1990, following a rebuild.