Aberystwyth & Welsh Coast Railway

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Aberystwyth and Welsh Coast Railway (its statutory name was Aberystwith and Welsh Coast Railway, using the older spelling ot the town's name) was a standard gauge railway built between 1863 and 1867 connecting major towns on the Welsh west coast.

The railway was authorised in 1862 and construction began in 1863 at Aberystwyth. The line was extended from Barmouth to Pwllheli via Porthmadog in 1867 the same year it was absorbed into the Cambrian Railways.


See also[edit]