Porthmadog

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to: navigation, search
Porthmadog
Status Location
Wikipedia Porthmadog
Route Navigator
← Prev Station Next Station →
Harbour Station Minffordd
← Prev Location Next Location →
Stations | Locations | Bridges | Tunnels | Map


The original name c.1821 was Port Madock or Portmadock, but this changed to Portmadoc, the name generally used from c.1840 to 1974 whilst Porthmadog has since 1974 been, and currently is, the offical title. The differences are purely matters of Welsh grammar - the pronounciation is much the same.

The are a number of local interest sites, amongst which is this site

See also[edit]