BEV The Grogan

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group

This four-wheeled battery locomotive built by Wingrove & Rogers (Builder's number 5537 of 1956) was obtained from dealer Alan Keef of Cote in Oxfordshire in 1975. It had previously worked at the Wheal Jane Tin Mine in Cornwall. It was known as the BEV because Wingrove & Rogers marketed their locomotives under the title British Electric Vehicles. The locomotive was used on the Deviation Moelwyn Tunnel construction and on completion of this project went to a private location near Mold for repairs in 1978. By May 1982 it was at the Gwynfynydd Gold Mine. [1]

See also[edit]


  1. ^ Bradley, Vic (1993) [1992]. Industrial Locomotives of North Wales. London: Industrial Railway Society. ISBN 0-9010-9672-5. OCLC 27769657.