Crosville Motor Services
Local bus operations existed from before the First World War, provided by local small operations. Many were either bought out or went out of business.
Crosville Motor Services was the Chester-based company that provided competitive bus services in the area from 1924. They started a service between Porthmadog and Blaenau Ffestiniog on February 7th 1924.
In 1929, the Company was acquired by the Londom Midland & Scottish Railway and the following year it became part of the Tilling Group, still with a substantial LMSR shareholding. In 1948, it came under the post-World War II British Transport Commission and thus the National Bus Company in 1969. In 1986, Crosville Motor Services was split and Crosville Cymru was formed in preparation for privatisation and deregulation, whereupon its operations in the area became a major part of the Bws Gwynedd operational consortium.
The Crosville Motor Services name did not disappear until March 1990. Its services in North Wales were taken over by Arriva.
See main wikipedia entry here