Day Log/1887-08-23

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search

On this day, approval for additional repair works was given for the "Big quay", or Cei Mawr

The stone work at Cei Mawr was giving Spooner some concern, as the original stone cladding of the structure, was beng cruched by the shear weight of itself.

In February 1886, he had been authorised to make the structure safe, but on further investigation is was found that an existing buttress, at the North East end, required much more than remedial attention. This work was authorised on this day.[1]


  1. ^ Johnson, Peter (2007). An Illustrated History of the Festiniog Railway. Hersham: Oxford Publishing Co. ISBN 0-860936-03-1. OCLC 180463433. p64

See also[edit]