The WRG PW w/p were joined by some of Rodneys drains guys on their working week, Yorkies relative Gavin, the lovely Tracey from the NRM and the SSP.The old bullhead between Crossing Mawr and Three Gates is being replaced with Polish Flat Bottom, with SAS baseplates. We screwed down a few lengths, but plenty had been done when we got there and there is plenty more to do. Rodney and friends recruited some of us to help dig in some new perforated drains and cover them with ballast. I proved what an SSP I am by being incapable of shovelling or laying level bricks. Luckily the manhole I started has been topped with a few decent courses. Added a few new sleepers to match the new fishplate joints. The Hafod y Llyn (FR) robin made an appearance, and nearly got buried with ballast he was so inquisitive. More remarkably, none of the Bances or Stumechen broke.
Saturday Cool, piddling rain. Sunday Cold, Sunny. Dusting of snow on Bach. Good.
In other news:
- The 4x4s have been replaced by a Tranny
- "Snowdrift at Bleath Gill" is more popular than "Night Mail"
- Q1s rule. Schools don't.
- Wearing an FR fleece into Allports is a bit of a giveaway that you placed the £38 order
- Despite its size, Carriage 1111 can get crowded
- Slap won Mornington Crescent. A congatulatory telegram is awaited from Mrs. Trellis.