Ruston And Hornsby 191658
This Ruston & Hornsby 25/30hp 4wDM (Builder's number 191658 of 1938) came to Porthmadog from DSF Refractories at Friden in Derbyshire in June 1982. Dumped off-site with sister DSF loco RH237914/46 between September 1984 and July 1989, both locomotives (and Orenstein & Koppel Fojo, otherwise known as Nantmor) were removed from site by John Quentin to Worcestershire in August 1991.
Bought by John Ewing, the unrestored loco was privately held by his family.
The loco is now owned by Jonathan Sharman and it is now at the Apedale Valley Light Railway,Staffordshire where restoration has begun.