Template:Featured picture/September 2011
Duffws station in Blaenau Ffestiniog first opened in January 1866 and led a chequered existence until final closure in 1931. After closure the site was cleared of most of the track and part of it became a car park. Some tracks were retained to connect to quarry inclines but these were removed in October 1968 and the car park extended. The attractive station building remains today as a council operated public convenience, across the main road from the Queen's Hotel.
Over time there have been at least 3 different spellings of the name - Diphwys, Dyffws and Duffws.
Photo credit: George Cash