The Eclipse is one of two electric locomotives from Llechwedd Quarry, resident on the WHHR from 2010 to 2018.
The two historic locos converted from steam engines were lent to WHHR for conservation and display but they remained in the ownership of Slate Heritage International.
For further background details see The Coalition, the other locomotive loaned.
Unfortunately since their arrival neither funding nor effort were available for their conservation, and they eventually returned to Llechwedd where they were stored in the open. However they have now been taken to Statfold Barn where they are kept indoors and available for viewing on Open Days.
- W.G. Bagnall Makers No. 1445, built 1895. 0-4-0 ST "Margaret" Converted to "The Eclipse" in 1927 by GEC.
Some authors state that the frames and wheels actually came from Makers No. 1568, built 1899, 0-4-0 ST "Dorothy" but it appears that although this loco was dismantled the conversion was not completed, and the remaining parts have survived and are now in private preservation.
Isherwood, Graham (July 2009). "Chronology of Llechwedd Quarry".