Welsh Highland Railway Society
This article may require cleanup to meet Festipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: formatting needs reworking
This article is outdated.
There have been two organsiations with this name. The original was the group responsible for creating Gelert's Farm Works, later to became what is now known as the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway or WHR Ltd, details of which can be found by clicking on either title.
- The second is the current supporters group,
"Welsh Highland Railway Society" also known as "Cymdeithas Rheilffordd Eryri"
- for the new Welsh Highland Railway (Caernarfon).
CRhE / WHRS is the official supporters' body for the project led by the Ffestiniog Railway to rebuild and operate the Welsh Highland Railway, a narrow gauge line across the mountains of North Wales which closed in 1937. WHRS members are playing a leading part rebuilding the Railway and operating WHR (Caernarfon).
Officials and Directors (June 2010)
- Dave Kent, Llywydd/President
- Dayfdd Thomas, Cadeirydd/Chairman
- Charles McKenzie, Dirprwy Gadeirydd/Deputy Chairman
- Elwyn Jones, Cyfarwyddwyr/Director
- Neil McMaster, Cyfarwyddwyr/Director
- Peter Randall, Cyfarwyddwyr/Director
- David Firth, Cyfarwyddwyr/Director
- Alun Tomlinson, Cyfarwyddwyr/Director
- Alastair Wilkinson, Ysgrifennydd y Cwmni/Company Secretary
- Ian King, Trysorydd/Treasurer
- Tony Baker, Cydlynydd Gwirfoddolwyrl/Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Rob Merrick Ysgrifennydd Aelodaeth ac Adnewyddu/Membership and Renewals Secretary
- Steve Harris Gwerthiant /Sales
- John Startin K1 Project Engineer
- Gareth H. Williams Archifydd/Archivist
- Roy Woods Golygydd/Editor "The Snowdon Ranger"
- Laurence Armstrong Website Co-Administrator
- Dave Tidy Website Co-Administrator
Past Officials and Directors
For Further information see