Garreg Fawr

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Garreg Fawr
Route Navigator
← Prev Station Next Station →
Waunfawr Plas y Nant
← Prev Location Next Location →
Pont Betws Bryn Gloch
Stations | Locations | Bridges | Tunnels | Map

Between Betws Garmon and Salem, this was the one-time location of a loop and sidings.

One of the earliest workings in the area, it had good access to Caernarfon,

The slate workings here were in existence and in use at various times from before 1802 until sometime in the 1960s.

The loop, and probably some of the sidings, were not constructed until 1902, and then, dependant on ownership, were removed during the 1922 reconstruction work when the WHR took over.

Reference[edit]

Cwm Gwyrfai, Gwynfor Pierce Jones & Alun John Richards, Gasg Carreg Gwalch, 2004

See also[edit]