|Official positions held:|
|FR Soc. Chairman||1978 - 1986|
|FR Soc. Director||1971 - 1986|
|FR People | WHR People|
Gordon Caddy was elected to the Society board in 1971 and became involved in the Society's lecture programme and also served as Group Liasion Officer. Prior to his joining the board he had been involved with both the Midland and Leicester Groups of the Society. He became Society Chairman in 1978 and retired from the board in 1986. His working life was spent in the electricity supply industry and when station superintendent of Leicester power station he had a 0-4-0ST, built by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn in 1951 and two fireless 0-4-0s built by Andrew Barclay under his control.
- "Portrait", Ffestiniog Railway Magazine, Issue 054, page(s): 025