Template:Featured article/October 2018
Duffws was the upper terminus of the Festiniog Railway for goods traffic from 1836 to 1946. Over time there have been at least three different spellings of the name: Diphwys, Dyffws, Duffws.
The Duffws passenger station first opened in January 1866 and first closed in 1923, reopened in 1925 and finally closed as a passenger station in 1931. After the closure of Duffws passenger and goods station in 1931 the site was cleared of the passenger and goods yard track, and most of it became a car park. The building that remains today is the second station building on the site and it currently serves as a council operated public convenience, across the main road from the Queen's Hotel. (more...)