Template:Featured picture/May 2008
The Double Fairlie locomotive James Spooner at Duffws station in Blaenau Ffestiniog in the early 1890s. The locomotive was supplied to the Festiniog Railway by the Avonside Engine Company in 1872 and worked for over 50 years before being dismantled and condemned in 1933. Parts of the locomotive survive. Duffws station opened in 1866 and closed in 1931. The station building survives as a public convenience.
Photo credit: FR Archives