|Seating||16 x 3rd|
|Built by||Ashbury Railway Carriage and Iron Co.|
A second generation of six, 4 wheeled carriages, Nos 7,8,9,10,11 and 14, was built for the line in 1868. It is probable that the bodies were provided by the Ashbury Railway Carriage and Iron Co. and Boston Lodge provided the underframe. These were more conventional than the "Birminghams" having a higher floor and two compartments with 6 seats each. They were more cramped than the "Birminghams" and gradually disappeared from use in the early years of the 20th century, some having been used in the quarrymen's train for a while - see iBase 1350.
However a door and footboard supports survived. These have been used together with old photographs to create a replica of first class Carriage 10, which was completed in 2007.
For more detailed information see the Ashbury 4-Wheel Carriages page.