Festipedia's locomotives by propulsion system, significant construction details, function etcetera.
All (or almost all) that are not electric or internal combustion are steam locomotives. Of those, all that are neither tender nor tank tender locomotives are tank locomotives.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Articulated locomotives (3 C)
- ► Departmental locomotives (6 C)
- ► Electric Locomotives (2 C, 2 P)
- ► Internal Combustion Locomotives (13 C, 1 F)
- ► Line diesels (3 C)
- ► Push Pull locomotives (3 C)
- ► Vertical-boilered Locomotives (2 C, 1 P, 1 F)