Dinas Branch Above Station
|Dinas Branch Above Station|
C. 1880. Photo: John Thomas via National Library of Wales
|Stations | Locations | Bridges | Tunnels | Map|
Above Dinas Station the Festiniog Railway's Dinas Branch (originally the mainline) continued through a series of yards and sidings, past the hamlet of Rhiwbryfdir, in order to connect with various quarries and their inclines.
There were many changes to the layout beyond Dinas Station during the branch's operating years as can be seen in the map on the left.
Quarries connecting to the FR around Dinas included:
The only railway line in the area remaining to this day, is the standard gauge LNWR mainline from Llandudno Junction to Blaenau Ffestiniog, (purple spaced line). All the narrow gauge lines and standard gauge sidings have gone. Much of the formation and many of the inlcines can still be seen, but many of the bridges have only their abutments left. No signs of Dinas Station buildings or the Hollands quarry incline are now visible.