Ruston And Hornsby 210955

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This 20hp 4wDM locomotive built in 1941 was owned by contractor WO Williams of Harlech and was used at Tanygrisiau for the demolition of Moelwyn Granite Quarry from June 1952 to January 1953.

It was photographed parked at Tanygrisiau on 23 August 1952 by Arthur G Wells, and his account of the day, with a photograph, was published in the "Railway Magazine" of September 1985.

There is also a picture at iBase 2240. Look at the thumbnail below or click here a zoomable version.

The loco at Tanygrisiau iBase 2240, 18th October 1952 A Pratt, V J Bradley collection (C3990).


See also[edit]