Crossing in use
|Crossing name||Gatws Bach Crossing|
|Stations | Locations | Bridges | Tunnels | Map|
Ynysfor was a small halt with a siding, often used for the transfer of milk churns between here and Portmadoc.[route 1]
Nowadays, this location is generally known as Gatws Bach, after the adjacent lodge/gatehouse.
Optimistically designated 'Ynysfor, for Llanfrothen' in FR-lease days (1934 - 1936) there was a siding, lengthened from the Croesor Tramway original, and a waiting room on opposite sides of the crossing. The road after the crossing (LC53.96, Chainage 29,400, Construction No. LC 110) and to the east has been abandoned.
Access is now via Ynysfor Crossing (LC 54.67, TWA Level crossing No. 3, Chainage 30,130, Construction No. LC 112, Nat Grid Ref SH601418), sometimes known as or Pooh Corner, just off the B4410 road