Day Log/1881-07-23

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search

On this day, Colonel Rich visited the Blaenau Ffestiniog area yet again.

At this time he gave formal consent, but to be effective only as and when the undertaking over the method of working was received by his office. C. E. Spooner and J. G. Livingston signed the undertaking and stamped it, on 30th July, with the company seal.

The new station appeared in the timetables as Blaenau Festiniog (Note single F), but quickly gained the unofficial Welsh title of Stesion Fain. This has often since been corrupted into Stesion Fein[1]


  1. ^ Johnson, Peter (2007). An Illustrated History of the Festiniog Railway. Hersham: Oxford Publishing Co. ISBN 0-860936-03-1. OCLC 180463433. p58

See also[edit]