John Graves Livingston
|John Graves Livingston|
|Official positions held:|
|FR Co. Chairman||04.01.1877 - 02.1893|
|FR People | WHR People|
John Graves Livingston (born John Graves Thompson), brother of Livingston Thompson, was born in Armagh in 1812. He was called to the bar in 1836, having trained at Trinity College, Dublin. He changed his name to John Graves Livingston on 12 May 1863 in honour of his maternal grandfather.
He joined his brother on the board of the Festiniog Railway Company in 1851. He succeeded Andrew Durham as Chairman on 4 January 1877, and resigned from the Chairmanship in February 1893, with his duties being taken on by John W. Elliott Sr. and resigned his directorship in 1899.
He lived his later years in Bristol dying on 17th May 1902 and is buried in Shirehampton, Bristol. His house was in Canford Lane, Westbury-on-Trym and has been since demolished but the lodge remains. He then moved to Clifton. 
- Day Log/1868-08-28 AGM of company
- Directors, Festiniog Railway Company
- Chairmen, Festiniog Railway Company