Harbour Station (Pictorial Views)
The first photo shows the station in its earliest days,with Welsh Pony on a short train. The wooden station building is visible in the background, along with the water tanks, standing approximately on the site of the future goods shed, or Spooner's as it is now. In the foreground is the timber seasoning area for David Williams' shipbuilding yard. The schooners were built largely of local oak, with a good deal of it coming from the Maentwrog area. Other timbers used, were pitch pine (especially for the decks), yellow pine, and mahogany and teak for the furnishings, but they were all imported.
An almost new Portmadoc Harbour Station. Compare with the 2004 photo below. The new building and goods shed remained much the same over the next 80 years. With the arrival of the WHR in 1923 it became known as 'Portmadoc Old', to distinguish it from the 'Portmadoc New' of the Welsh Highland, but reverted in 1930.
Taken late twenties/early Thirties showing the stub points which were later transferred to Minffordd Yard
With the transfer of ownership, Harbour Station was cleared and was reopened to passengers on 23rd July 1955, and here is the station's condition just after a year afterwards with Prince about to depart.
Porthmadog Harbour Station. Nearest is the former goods shed, now "Spooner's" Bar. The 1975 extension can be seen with the white cladding on the upper floor.