Stations in Porthmadog
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Listed in date of opening order, please click on the one you want :
- Harbour Station - lifelong home to the Festiniog Railway Company operating passenger services from 1865.
- Porthmadog (Network Rail) - the Standard Gauge main line station at the north end of town. Opened in 1867 as part of the Aberystwyth & Welsh Coast Railway, which became part of the Cambrian Railways, which in the 1922 Grouping was absorbed by the GWR, and passed at nationalisation to BR, then at privatisation to the late but unlamented Railtrack, then Network Rail. Currently operated by Arriva Trains Wales.
- Portmadoc New (1923) - Joint station for FR and the original WHR. Was intended to replace Harbour Station but never completely did.
- Portmadoc New (1929) - temporary station north of the Cambrian Crossing. Sometimes incorrectly called Portmadoc New (1933) but officially considered to be part of Portmadoc New (1923).
- Porthmadog (WHHR), aka Tremadog Road, southern terminus of the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway from 1980.