Proposal to move page from Carriage 101 to Carriage 150
I propose a move to Carriage 150. --RedDragon (talk) 09:21, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
- Providing we still have a Carriage 101 page to cover the vehicle that existed from the 1960s to the 2000s. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 10:20, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Yes I would agree in principle, but I was thinking of leaving it until the carriage is nearer completion. Also it would be good to have some official (or at least informed) opinion on whether we should consider it one of the Super Barns or a new generation of coaching stock, in view of its hybrid construction. It is clearly intended to match the Super Barns visually, but it has the internal stainless-steel skeleton derived from the WHR stock.
I think we should end up with the following pages:
- Carriage 101 (1968) for the old one (now Carriage 123
- Carriage 101 (2014) a short page for the construction phase when it was still 101, linked to
- Carriage 150 for its ongoing career
which leaves Carriage 101 clear for any future carriage of this number.
Of course the links should be tidied up accordingly
- I think Carriage 123 and Carriage 101 (1968) merit separate pages. As what will become Carriage 150 will never carry 101 in traffic, Carriage 101 (2014) should not be created. Precedent is here for 105 (which never carried 25), and we do not have a page for the 1964 version of 24, instead referring to it as 104. --Stewart (talk) 15:00, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Agree with Stewart. RedDragon (talk) 16:39, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
- I'm going to go ahead with a move by Tuesday evening if no-one objects here. RedDragon (talk) 16:48, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Is 150 a Superbarn?
We need to find out whether 150 is a Superbarn, or whether it could be considered a whole new category. Anyone with comments, please leave a message below. RedDragon (talk) 16:57, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
- The chaps in the carriage shop referred to it as a Superbarn and said it is supposed to match the other Superbarns when I spoke to them about its construction at the end of last year. Eheaps (talk) 08:18, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- OK, I feel that this is enough verification. Carriage 150 is to be treated as a SuperBarn on Festipedia unless a source such as Inside Motion or the FR Society Magazine confirms it as otherwise.
- RedDragon (talk) 14:58, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
Which carriage set?
From what I can gather, 150 will be introduced into B-Set. But I'm wondering, could this be correct, as B-Set only makes c.35 appearances during the year, Will B-Set become the primary set, or will some swapping take place between the sets, as I would have thought it was logical to have your best and most publicised carriage on the train you would normally use? RedDragon (Say hi!) 16:58, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
The impression I've been given when talking to other guards is that the C-Set with 102, 105 & 114 will become the one which only makes a few appearances. 119 has also been stated as joining the new B-Set. Eheaps (talk) 18:41, 10 June 2015 (UTC)