Locations/Plas Halt to Tan y Bwlch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Location Areas Navigator|
|Locations | FR Locations|
Stations and halts are in larger type. Locations on the current official route as defined by the rule book are in bold. Inset locations are not on the route itself but are nearby and of interest.
- Plas Halt
- Llechwedd Coed Foot Crossing (Hillside in the wood)
- Gradient Post 120/82
- Penrhediad (Top of the grade) Marking the easing of the uphill gradient to 1 in 120. The long curves from here to Tan y Bwlch are at a more gentle gradient.
- Crossing Bothy (i.e. bwthyn = hut)
- Tro Bagl (Shepherd’s Crook Curve) - an asymmetrical S-bend.
- Crossing Mawr (Big Crossing) - crosses a wide forest road at a very acute angle.
- Whistling Curve
- Three Gates Crossing
- Milepost 7
- Embankment with culvert for the Hafod y Llyn stream.
- Hafod y Llyn
- Gradient Post 100/120
- Tan y Bwlch Curve or "7¼-mile Curve"
- Tan y Bwlch Bridge - (B4410 Beddgelert)
- Tan y Bwlch Station Cutting
- Tan y Bwlch Station
- Compiled from the original FR Heritage Chronology, available from the FRHG and used here with permission