Locations/Tan y Bwlch to Dduallt

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location Areas Navigator
← Previous Next →
Plas Halt to Tan y Bwlch Dduallt to Tanygrisiau
Locations | FR Locations

Stations and halts are in larger type. Locations on the current official route as defined by the rule book are in bold. Inset locations are not on the route itself but are nearby and of interest.

  • Tan y Bwlch Station
  • Footbridges – Two bridges are now provided, one giving access to the island platform, the other a replica of the wooden footbridge of 1873 which served the ancient Roman Road which is now a footpath to Rhyd (and via the gated road to Croesor).
  • Gradient Post 86/100
  • Creuau Bank and culvert
  • Creuau Farm
  • Creuau (Hollows) – the first stone of the railway was laid here by W.G. Oakley Esq. of Plas Tan-y-bwlch, Quarry proprietor, on 26th February 1833
  • Tro Gatiau Bach
  • Tafarntrip
  • Garnedd Tunnel
  • Milepost 8 – near north portal of Garnedd tunnel.
  • Pen y Bryn Curve
  • Pen y Bryn Straight
  • Coed-y-bleiddiau Culvert
  • Coed Y Bleiddiau Halt and Foot Crossing Cottage (or Ty Hovington)
  • Tadpole Cutting
  • Old Coed y Bleiddiau Curve (Wood of the wolves) Curve.
  • Coed Dduallt
  • Dduallt PW Hut
  • Tank Curve Crossing
  • Milepost 9
  • Tank Curve
  • Dduallt Tank – 1863 locomotive water tank – built of slate – It was refurbished and the slate tank restored to full working order for use on 13th May 1969 and later while Tan-y-bwlch supply was being reconditioned with a new large capacity tank.
  • Campbell's Platform

See also[edit]

Reference[edit]

  • Compiled from the original FR Heritage Chronology, available from the FRHG and used here with permission