Locations/Penrhyn to Plas Halt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Location Areas Navigator|
|Locations | FR Locations|
Stations and halts are in larger type. Locations on the current official route as defined by the rule book are in bold. Inset locations are not on the route itself but are nearby and of interest.
- Penrhyn Station
- Fron Goch Foot Crossing
- Mount Hazel Foot Crossing
- Penrhyn Crossing - A4085
- Corn Picwn
- Snowdonia National Park Boundary
- Signal – Distinctive old FR disc signal.
- Fron Hyfryd
- Pen Cefn (Top of the ridge) – house next to the line about 500 yards up from Penrhyn Road Crossing.
- Pen Cefn Crossing
- 100 Mile an hour Straight or Rhiw Goch Farm Straight
- Rhiw Goch House Foot Crossing
- Rhiw Goch Farm
- Bwlch-y-plwm – disused mine & smelting chimney linked by track just below Cei Mawr.
- Leadmine Curve
- Cei Mawr
- Coed Cae Fali (Valley field wood) – National Trust owned woodland.
- Cutting Naddu (Hewn, not blasted)
- Blanche's Bump
- Gysgfa Curves (Sleeping place) Curves
- Gysgfa Foot Crossing
- Gysgfa Cutting
- Milepost 5
- Cutting Budr (Dirty)
- Squirrel Crossing
- Linda's Leap
- Sheepfold Curve
- Cutting Gwlyb (Wet)
- Bryn Mawr (Big hill)
- Tro Keepers – sharp bend at the top of the largely straight section.
- Plas Private - Former Private Station
- Milepost 6
- Milestone Curve
- Brine Tank built from slate slabs and formerly used to transfer sea water (brought by train) to the swimming bath at Plas Tan-y-bwlch.
- Plas Tan-y-bwlch (Mansion under the pass) – the large house visible below the line on the valley side.
- Compiled from the original FR Heritage Chronology, available from the FRHG and used here with permission