Ruston & Hornsby
Ruston & Hornsby Ltd was a manufacturer of agricultural, construction and other machinery in Lincoln, and between 1931 and 1969 they also built a standardized range of diesel shunting locomotives for industrial use. In that period they built more diesel locos than any other British firm, though they never built any main-line locos and most of their production was narrow-gauge. The majority of production was exported, but many have been preserved in this country.
R&H locos on FR, WHR and associated lines
- Ruston And Hornsby 191658
- Ruston And Hornsby 203031
- Ruston And Hornsby 210955
- Ruston And Hornsby 237914
- Tonks, E.S., Ruston & Hornsby Locomotives, Industrial Railway Society 1989.