This locomotive is Ruston & Hornsby Type 4wDM (Builder's number 354068 of 1953). It was supplied new for use at Blockley's Hadley Lodge Brickworks at Telford in Shropshire, and was purchased by the WHLR (1964) Company and moved to their Kinnerley site in October 1964. Its name commemorates the work of the 1964 Company members at Kinnerley in preparation for establishing a presence closer to their beloved WHR which became reality at Porthmadog in 1974.
The locomotive came to Porthmadog in 1975 and was used to haul the first passenger train on the WHR(P) on 2 August 1980. It is fitted with a cab and airbrakes for passsenger duties but is regarded as a standby unit in normal circumstances (2005).
See The Welsh Highland site for more information