Ffestiniog Railway Buildings
The Ffestiniog Railway has many buildings within its portfolio most of them are listed as being of architectural and/or historical interest. This is not surprising given the history of the railway.
The Ffestiniog Railway has a Buildings Register and the following is a basic index of the buildings on the register. The plan is to run an audit on all these buildings and to make this available on Festipedia.
The audit will record the ongoing current condition of the buildings and this will be updated as the situations changes.
The audit will record the plans for the buildings and will prioritise works required.
Each building will have a photographic record and a section devoted to the history of the building and a description of its significance.
As a resource for tracking the changes over time, a catalogue of historical photographs will be set up and contributions will be encouraged from private collections belonging to FR enthusiast from the early days of the railway.
The historical photographs may be accessed from the articles on individual buildings.
The Index is as follows:-
Festiniog Railway Buildings[edit source]
- 1-7 Blaenau Ffestiniog- Booking Office and Shop, Station Building, Bunny Hutch/Shop, Ladies Toilets, Gents Toilets, Dis Toilets, Water Tower
- 8-14 Glan y Pwll - Crossing house, Portakabin, Dept workshop, Road 4, Road 5, New Carriage Shed, House - Isgraig(?)
- 16-18 Tanygrisiau - Goods Shed, Signal Box, Platform Shelter,
- Dduallt - Platform Shelter, Rhoslyn House
- 21 Campbells Platform - Platform Shelter
- 22, 22a Tank Curve - Tank curve PW Hut
- 23 Coed y Bleiddiau - House with outhouses (listed Grade 2)
- 24-34 Tan y Bwlch - Water Tower, Old Water Tower Base (with urinals at rear), Signal Box, Old Station Buildings, Station House (listed Grade 2), Old Tan y Bwlch Goods Shed/Cafe
- 35 Plas Halt - Station Shelter
- 36 Rhiw Goch - Signal Box
- 37-40 Penrhyn - Crossing Keeper's Hut, Station Buildings (now hostel) (listed Grade 2), Old Booking Office, Goods Shed,
- 41-47 Minffordd - Water Tower, Gweithdy, Station Building, Station House (listed Grade 2), Telephone Exchange (?), Toilet, PW Store, Up Shelter and Annex, Down Shelter
- 48 Lotties Crossing
- 49-85 Minffordd Yard - Various Buildings
- 50 Minffordd Yard - Minffordd Weigh House
- 52 Minffordd Yard - Polytunnel for S&T trains
- Minffordd Infrastructure Workshop
- 57 Minffordd Yard - Minffordd Goods Shed
- Minffordd Yard - Waggon Tracks Shed
- 69 Minffordd Yard - Maenofferen Shed Heritage Store
- Minffordd Yard - Battery House
- 78a Minffordd Yard - Minffordd Breeze Block Built Store
- 84 Minffordd Yard - Minffordd Brick Built Store
- 84b Minffordd Yard - Bobby's Box - Replica signal box
- 85a Minffordd Hostel - Hostel
- 85b Minffordd - Old Garage - Old Garage
- 90 - 116 Boston Lodge: Buildings - Boston Lodge - Various Buildings (Former Weigh House, Loco Shed, Former Manager's Office (Plas Smart), Former Oil Store, Former Brass Foundry, Nos 1 and 2 Boston Lodge, Locker Room Block, Former Machine Shop, Former Erecting Shop, Crane all listed Grade 2)
- 119 - Harbour Station Station Buildings, Water Tower, Former Goods Shed