Locations/Porthmadog to Boston Lodge Halt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Location Areas Navigator|
|Locations | FR Locations|
Locations around Porthmadog
- Cross Town Rail Link for the WHR
- Britannia Bridge
- Cei Ballast Island
- South Snowdon Wharf Development
- Portmadoc Harbour
- Ynystywyn (Beach Island) – The island (now mostly National Trust property) at the Porthmadog end of the Cob adjoins the stone jetty, which completes the Cob, and on which the Harbour Station and the South Snowdon Wharf properties are built.
Locations along the line
Stations and halts are in larger type. Locations on the current official route as defined by the rule book are in bold. Inset locations are not on the route itself but are nearby and of interest.
- Milepost 0 at Porthmadog Harbour Buffers, just beyond the fuel and water stage.
- Harbour Station
- Gradient Post 1426/240
- Traeth Bach (Small Sands) – on the seaward side.
- Steps at far end of Cob footpath, down to the road.
- Pen Cob
- Boston Lodge Junction prior to the granting of a light railway order in 1923 had a manned signal box with block instruments & electric train staff installation.
- Gradient Post 86/1426
- Glan-y-Mor (Seashore) Yard and Carriage Sheds
- Boston Lodge Works and Yard
- Boston Lodge Curve
- Tollgate and House
- Nos. 1 and 2 Boston Lodge
- Compiled from the original FR Heritage Chronology, available from the FRHG and used here with permission