Croesor Tramway iron wagons

From Festipedia, hosted by the FR Heritage Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Three useful iron wagons of the Croesor Quarries still existed near Croesor village and were donated by them. They were collected on 15th November 1958 and used on the FR for ashes[1][2]. They were at first numbered 51 to 53. In the 1967 renumbering they became 196 - 198. Numbers 196 and 198 are believed to have been transferred to Rheilffordd Llyn Tegid/Bala Lake Railway. No 197 is now believed to be at Gelert's Farm (WHHR) - see Festipedia numerical wagon list.

References[edit]

  1. ^ Mitchell, Vic; Allan Garraway (March 1996). Festiniog in the Fifties. Midhurst, Sussex, England: Middleton Press. ISBN 1-873793-68-5. OCLC 36120903.
  2. ^ Cunningham R "1958 Croesor Wagon Recovery", Festiniog Railway Heritage Group Journal, Issue 12, page(s): 9