Four-wheel side tipping waggon converted from 3-ton slate waggon
Traveller's Guide (Blue Cover) = Ffestiniog Railway Traveller's Guide with Blue Cover - Section 4 Wagons Pages 35 & 36 - Stock List as at 01-Apr-92 states: "Side-tipping wagon, converted pre-1954 from a 3-ton slate wagon." The second photo is in fact of the opposite side to the first one. Its original number was 848, but in the 1967 general renumbering it became 160, and until 2017 the two different numbers appeared one on each side.
As of April 2017 at Beamish on short-term loan in exchange for grit blasting and repainting along with 830. Returned 2020, now renumbered 846.
Previously numbered 161 (FR 1967 new series). Stored for many years off-rail in Minffordd Yard. Loaned to Beamish in September 2014 in exchange for restoration work, almost complete in December 2017.
Repainted and still at Beamish 2020.