Waggon List 701 - 800
This page lists wagons used on the Ffestiniog Railway. More details and photos can be found on individual pages.
These lists include wagons used on the modern Welsh Highland Railway. Since the completion of the WHR rebuilding by the Festiniog Railway Company there is now little distinction between "FR wagons" and "WHR wagons" and in particular those wagons acquired during the WHR construction phase can now be seen over the entire F&WHR network, except 2003 and 3172 which are barred from the FR main line due to the loading gauge. Also non-vacuum-piped or fitted wagons are not normally permitted on the WHR except 5001 and that only if its side-chains are coupled to the tamper.
Sometimes in the company's pre-preservation history the spelling waggon (with two gs) instead of wagon, was used in some documentation. Whilst both spellings are used in this wiki, most other sources use the single-g spelling of wagon when referring to FR vehicles.
This list is compiled from several sources. These include:
- Official lists
- Ffestiniog Railway Magazine. Issue 50 has a stock list for Aug 1970, Issue 54 has an update to Aug 1971, Issue 93 has a full list for 1981.
- Ffestiniog Railway Traveller's Guide with Blue Cover, Section 4 Wagons Pages 35 & 36 - Stock List as at 01-Apr-92. (TGBC)
This information is supplemented by sightings of individual wagons and reports in FRM and elsewhere..
Condition/location/existence of wagons may have changed since issue of this. Contributors to this Wiki should amend this list with later information or with later dated photographs.
- H = Historic number restored, or seen in a pre-1967 picture - may duplicate number of another wagon
- N = number not now carried, due to renumbering or disposal of the wagon
- B = fitted with handbrake
- V = fitted with vacuum brake (or through-piped) for use in passenger trains
|No||Type||Photographer||Date||Note or Comment||Date and Source of Note or Comment|
|703.H||4-wheel 2-Ton slate||.||.||Used in gravity trains Oct 2013|
|757.H||4-wheel 2-Ton slate||KCB||30-May-05||See 2-ton Slate Waggons (Un-Braked) for any notes or comments|
|758 H||4-wheel 2-Ton slate||Kim Winter||15-Oct-05||See 2-ton Slate Waggons (Un-Braked) for any notes or comments|
|785 H||4-wheel 2-Ton slate||Kim Winter||01-May-04||See 2-ton Slate Waggons (Un-Braked) for any notes or comments|
|787 H||4-wheel 2-Ton slate||KCB||31-Mar-06||See 2-ton Slate Waggons (Un-Braked) for picture. On display in Blaenau Ffestiniog (Duffws) from 2012, with Hudson-Hunslet loco 2207.||FRS website 20-1-2013.|
|797 H||4-wheel 2-Ton slate||Kim Winter||15-Oct-05||See 2-ton Slate Waggons (Un-Braked) for any notes or comments|