Eigiau at Dinas 2012
|Home Railway||Bredgar & Wormshill Lt. Rly.|
|Built by||Orenstein & Koppel|
Eigiau is an 0-4-0T steam locmotive built by Orenstein and Koppel (5668 of 1912) in Germany. Originally built for a Cheshire contractor C. L. Warren and used on the construction of Port Sunlight village, in 1916 it was bought by the Aluminium Corporation of Dolgarrog for the Llyn Cowlyd Tramway. In 1922 it was replaced there by a Muir-Hill Fordson loco and offered for sale to the FR who declined to purchase, and it was eventually sold to the Penrhyn Quarries, from where it was sold for preservation in 1963 . It now resides at the Bredgar and Wormshill Light Railway.
It visited the Welsh Highland Railway for 2012 Quarry Power event where it joined other ex-Penrhyn locomotives.
- https://bwlr.co.uk/railway-php-html/locomotives/no6/ - Eigiau's page at B&WLR site.