|Home Railway||Statfold Barn Railway|
|Original Railway||Surrey County Council|
|Built by||Hudswell Clark|
Bronllwyd was one of the visitors at the May 1999 FR Gala.
This Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 well tank was built in 1930 for Surrey County Council for use on the construction of the Guildford Bypass, and was purchased by the Penrhyn Quarries in 1934, where it was named Bronllwyd and worked until 1949. In 1951 its boiler and cab were used in the rebuild of the Quarry Hunslet Pamela and the chassis put in the scrap line. In 1966 the chassis of Bronllwyd and the boiler of the Kerr Stuart loco Stanhope were acquired by Alan Bloom and put together for use at Bressingham in Norfolk, where the loco operated for many years. The boiler was later renewed. The loco ran at Bressingham without a cab, and the bright red livery was quite different from the sombre Penrhyn black.
In 2010 it was announced that the loco had been acquired for the Statfold Barn collection. By 2012 it had been overhauled and appeared in red Surrey CC livery, with a new cab to the original pattern. The name is not now carried.
It visited the Welsh Highland Railway for 2014's Quarry Power event where it joined other ex-Penrhyn locomotives.
(Pamela is preserved at The Old Kiln Light Railway, Farnham, Surrey and Stanhope has been preserved at the Moseley Railway Trust, Apedale, Staffs.)