Locomotives used on the WHR
Steam Locomotives[edit source]
|87||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- in service||WHR||SAR Black|
|109||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- long term storage||Derbyshire||N/A|
|130||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- undergoing testing||Dinas||Burrell Plum (on return to service)|
|133||NG15 2-8-2||- awaiting restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|134||NG15 2-8-2||- under restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|138||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- awaiting overhaul||Dinas||Midland Red|
|140||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- awaiting restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|143||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- in service||WHR||Brunswick Green|
|K1||Tasmanian K-Class 0-4-0+0-4-0T Garratt||- in service||Statfold Barn Railway||TGR Gloss Black|
It is worth noting that when a class of locos (such as NGG16s) is in use, parts up to and including boilers and complete power bogies may be (and are) changed between them, and that the identity of any given locomotive is generally that of its main frame or, in the case of Garratts, its boiler cradle. For example, the boiler which came on No.140 is now on No.143. There are also two spare boilers for this class, which will be the ones most recently removed from 138 and 143 for overhaul. The SAR took advantage of this interchangeability and the engines now on the WHR include parts from several engines now scrapped or in other ownership.
Diesel Locomotives[edit source]
- Castell Caernarfon - under overhaul
- No. 9 Australian Drewry - in service
- Bill - Hunslet diesel - in service as Dinas works shunter
- Ben - Hunslet diesel - under restoration
Festiniog Railway locomotives used on the WHR(C)[edit source]
A number of FR Locomotives have been used on the WHR. Before the completion of the line prominent visitors included:
- Blanche - Used on service trains in the 1999-2000.
- Mountaineer - Spare loco 1997 then returned to FR and replaced Blanche when that loco was due for overhaul being used 2000-2001.
- Prince - Used on numerous special trains and at events.
- Taliesin III - 2001 Vintage Weekend
- Linda - 2003 Steam Adventure Week
- Conway Castle - Used for shunting and construction trains.
- Upnor Castle - Used for shunting and construction trains.
- Dolgarrog on loan from Innogy - was used on WHR relaying, now based at Glan y Pwll
- The Colonel - Used for construction trains.
- Harold - Used for construction trains.
Following the completion of the line most other FR locomotives have worked trains on to the WHR.
Line Cars and Self Propelled Equipment[edit source]
Museum Piece[edit source]
Visiting Locos[edit source]
Please go to Locomotives (Visiting, WHR)