Locomotives used on the WHR
|87||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||-undergoing 10 yearly overhaul||WHR||Midnight Blue (to be repainted to SAR Black on return to service)|
|109||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- long term storage||Derbyshire||N/A|
|130||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- under restoration||Dinas||Burrell Plum (on return to service)|
|133||NG15 2-8-2||- awaiting restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|134||NG15 2-8-2||- under restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|138||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- in service||WHR||Crimson Lake|
|140||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- awaiting restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|143||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- in service||WHR||Brunswick Green|
|K1||0-4-0+0-4-0T Garratt||- undergoing 10 yearly overhaul||WHR||Black|
It is worth noting that when a class of locos (such as NGG16s) is in use, parts may be (and are) changed between them, and that the identity of any given locomotive is generally that of its main frame or, in the case of Garratts, its boiler cradle. For example, the boiler which came on No.140 is now on No.143. There is also a spare boiler of 1958 for this class. Similarly with power bogies.
- Castell Caernarfon - under overhaul
- Conway Castle - works shunter
- Upnor Castle - works diesel
- Dolgarrog on loan from Innogy - under repair at Glan y Pwll
- No. 9 Australian Drewry - under restoration
- Bill - Hunslet diesel - in service as Dinas works shunter
- Ben - Hunslet diesel - under restoration
Festiniog Railway locomotives used on the WHR(C)
A number of FR Locomotives have been used on the WHR. Before the completion of the line prominent visitors included:
- Blanche - Used on service trains in the early years.
- Mountaineer - Replaced Blanche when that loco was due for overhaul.
- Prince - Used on numerous special trains and at events.
- Taliesin - 2001 Vintage Weekend
- Linda - 2003 Steam Adventure Week
- Conway Castle - Used for shunting and construction trains.
- Upnor Castle - Used for shunting and construction trains.
- The Colonel - Used for construction trains.
- Harold - Used for construction trains.
Following the completion of the line most other FR locomotives have worked trains on to the WHR.
Line Cars and Self Propelled Equipment
Please go to this page