Locomotives used on the WHR
|87||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- in service||Dinas||SAR Black|
|109||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- long term storage||Derbyshire||N/A|
|130||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- under restoration||Dinas||Burrell Plum (on return to service)|
|133||NG15 2-8-2||- awaiting restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|134||NG15 2-8-2||- under restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|138||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- in service||WHR||Crimson Lake|
|140||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- awaiting restoration||Dinas||N/A|
|143||NGG16 2-6-2+2-6-2T Garratt||- in service||WHR||Brunswick Green|
|K1||Tasmanian K-Class 0-4-0+0-4-0T Garratt||- static display off site, awaiting overhaul||Statfold Barn Railway||TGR Gloss Black|
It is worth noting that when a class of locos (such as NGG16s) is in use, parts up to and including boilers and complete power bogies may be (and are) changed between them, and that the identity of any given locomotive is generally that of its main frame or, in the case of Garratts, its boiler cradle. For example, the boiler which came on No.140 is now on No.143. There is also a spare boiler for this class, which will be the one most recently removed from a working engine for overhaul. The SAR took advantage of this interchangeability and the engines now on the WHR include parts from several engines now scrapped or in other ownership.
- Castell Caernarfon - under overhaul
- Conway Castle - works shunter - under overhaul
- Upnor Castle - works diesel - in service
- Dolgarrog on loan from Innogy - under repair at Glan y Pwll
- No. 9 Australian Drewry - in service
- Bill - Hunslet diesel - in service as Dinas works shunter
- Ben - Hunslet diesel - under restoration
Festiniog Railway locomotives used on the WHR(C)
A number of FR Locomotives have been used on the WHR. Before the completion of the line prominent visitors included:
- Blanche - Used on service trains in the early years.
- Mountaineer - Replaced Blanche when that loco was due for overhaul.
- Prince - Used on numerous special trains and at events.
- Taliesin - 2001 Vintage Weekend
- Linda - 2003 Steam Adventure Week
- Conway Castle - Used for shunting and construction trains.
- Upnor Castle - Used for shunting and construction trains.
- The Colonel - Used for construction trains.
- Harold - Used for construction trains.
Following the completion of the line most other FR locomotives have worked trains on to the WHR.
Line Cars and Self Propelled Equipment
Please go to this page