|Type||4-wheel ‘bug box’|
|Seating||Knifeboard 2 x 7 x 3rd|
|Built by||Brown, Marshall & Co|
|Body Length||10 ft 3 in|
|Body Width||6 ft 8 in|
Carriage 6 was one of the FR's original carriages from 1865.
Carriage 6 was built by Brown, Marshall & Co of Adderley Park Birmingham. It was a single compartment closed carriage with knifeboard seating and a third class of capacity seven each side. Believed to have been part of the first batch of narrow gauge passenger coaches built in the world for public service, to designs assumed to have been made by C.E. Spooner.